Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Farmers & Fishers

Conveniently located directly on Georgetown’s waterfront, this farm fresh restaurant is in the perfect location for the young, rich and beautiful of DC. The atmosphere was welcoming and the staff was very polite and was able to seat us right away at a table of our liking. Though it was a little warm that evening, we chose sit outside to enjoy the water fountain and to people watch. Our waitress was very kind and was able to accommodate us to no end, though the service was very slow. They seemed unable to handle the rush of diners due to the demand of restaurant week. Regardless, our meals came out correct and everyone was very helpful. I wouldn’t mind going back for a second bite and another Constitution if someone dared me. Their full menu looks a little more daring and worth the dime. Till then…

Cocktail:

The Constitution: With a hint of soda and a touch of lemon, this cocktail is perfect for a night dining outdoors. It was very refreshing with just the right amount of alcohol. 

Tastings:

Fresh Beet and Warm Goat Cheese Watercress Salad: The salad was a beautiful paring of spinach, fresh beets, heirloom tomatoes, with a side of breaded goat cheese. All of the flavors melted into one another for a perfect starter to our meal. It was a little bigger than I anticipated, which was good, but it left me feeling pretty full.

Crab Cake: I have to be honest; I was a little disappointed in the crab cake. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but there was nothing really special about it. You could taste the filling right away and it lacked flavor.  

(I also had a bite of my friend’s steak it was also nothing to write home about. For the amount of money we paid, even in restaurant week, it was overpriced and not worth it.)

Dessert: Unfortunately, I’m also going to disclose my disappointment with the dessert selection as well. I had a dry, store bought piece of chocolate cake that left me scratching my head. Again, I was very dissatisfied. But wait; let me not forget the gorgeous tiny dollop of fresh homemade vanilla ice cream they served with it. Simple and well executed.  


202.298.0003


Hours:
Lunch and Dinner
Monday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am – 11pm
Sunday:  10am – 10pm
Brunch is served on Sundays from 10am – 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment