If you’re planning on sticking around this weekend and looking for something to occupy your time, look no further. There is a lot going on this weekend in the DC area to choose from.
• Getting off early and looking for an ecological way to start off your weekend? Join me at the Petworth Market this afternoon. This market, located on 9th Street NW between Georgia Ave and Upshur St, gathers every Friday from 3-7pm. Vendors include local produce and baked goods, antiques and the all so popular pleasant pops.
• Shortly after I'll be going to Jazz in the Garden from 5:00-8:00 at the Smithsonian Sculpture Garden. Pre-order a basket of fruit and wine from the Pavilion Cafe or dine in and let the music take you away.
• RUM!!!! From 4-6pm, Café Atlantico is hosting their third annual “Celebrate Rum” with free rum tastings. With their festive Haitian theme and menu, you’re sure to have an amazing time.
• Family style picnic at Addie’s. Come join us for grilled trout, fried chicken and roast beef. Starts at 12 and runs till 8:00.
• Of course you know I’ll be at Café Saint Ex’s Charity Pig Roast. (see post below)
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!