· Grab your sweetheart and have a glass of wine with your favorite primate (Err- the hairy kind) at Grapes with the Apes at the National Zoo. Listen to live music, sample wines from various wineries and dance a little with the apes. This event runs from 6-9:00PM, tickets are $50 for non members.
· Continue to kick off your weekend with the 1st Annual Mid-Atlantic Red Fruit Festival at Woodrow Wilson Plaza. This festival is focused on celebrating the Mid-Atlantic’s top farmers, leading chefs, and home gardeners. There will be wine tasting and, more importantly, a tomato recipe contest. Tickets are $35.
· If you as passionate about food writing as I am, come and join us at the Smithsonian Resident Associate Program’s ‘An Introduction to Food Writing’ with Monica Bhide. Tickets are $120 Gen. Admin.
· Barrack’s Row will be having their Fall Festival on Capitol Hill from 11-5:00PM on 8th Street SE – Between E and I Streets, SE
· Wind down your weekend with a stroll through Eastern Market and find out what fall has to offer. Summer is coming to an end and soon the famers will be hibernating for the winter, but not before they bring us our favorite autumn produce. Go shopping at the flea market and enjoy the beautiful weather with a lunch outside at one of the local bistros. Bring the dogs and kids, all are welcome!