Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 4 – You Are What You Eat: A Week of Raw Food

I think the winter god must read my blog because it wasn’t as cold out today. I mean, I could have done without the frozen face but overall I can’t complain. This diet thing is getting easier by the day. I’m starting to feel more energized and focused overall. My cravings for hot food are subsiding and I’m not as hungry as I usually am. 

Day 4: Exhausted from my long day at work yesterday, I was in bed and asleep very early last night. After a well rested night, I was able to practice my yoga a little bit this morning before I had to run out.

Because my morning was not as hectic as yesterday, I attempted to try the fruit breakfast once more. I ate a larger amount over a longer period of time and added a handful of raw almonds into the mix. A cup of kombucha tea also kick started my focus and I was able to crank my work out.

I was looking forward to the leftover warm soup for lunch. Again, I packed a larger amount to sustain me throughout the work day and I was pleased I did. The spirulina water really gives me that kick I need to get through the afternoon.

Chef’s Note: Leave the raw garlic out of the soup recipe if you’re going to heat it up the next day or only use one clove. The garlic was overwhelming after it had been marinating in the broth overnight.

I felt refreshed after another long work day. Stopping by the organic market on my way home I pick up some wraps and (you guessed it) some more nori snacks. I swear I’m going to turn into a nori snack if I keep eating these things! I’m ready for round two of yoga but I need to put something in my stomach before it gets too late to eat. Rummaging through the fridge I throw together some random veggies and make a handy wrap. Not too heavy, but a perfect amount of food to satisfy.
 
Spinach Veggie Wrap
Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat wrap (or what ever type you like)
  • Hummus
  • Fresh whole leaves of spinach
  • Red pepper sliced thin
  • Yellow pepper sliced thin
  • Avocado sliced thin
  • Sunflower seeds


Directions:

Spread hummus generously on one side of the wrap, concentrating on the middle. Add spinach, peppers, avocado and top with sunflower seeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment