Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 5 – You Are What You Eat: A 'Week' of Raw Food

So, if we are in fact what we eat then I’m a steaming hot bowl of homemade lentil soup. Yes, my dear friends, my journey has come to its end. Walking home from work, slipping and sliding in the snow, I decided that this diet (right now) is for the birds. However, I did pretty well ‘till I got home…

Day 5 -The end of a (very) short journey:

I did the whole fruit thing again today with raw almonds. Surprisingly, that holds me over better than oatmeal does. I did have a cup of green tea to start my cold day off; I needed all the help I could get.

Lunch was the leftover wrap with a portion of pumpkin seeds and baby carrots. (Can you tell how excited I am?) Today I had a bit of a sweet tooth and fought very hard not to give in to it. Instead I substituted with an apple and almond butter. I couldn’t help but look online at all the different Christmas cookie recipes and was left imagining how they taste.  I can’t take this anymore!

What’s that saying? “When one door closes, another one opens.” Well, the raw food door has closed and the Christmas cookie door has opened. Sorry Raw Model guy…

So, with a belly full of lentil soup, I’m off to the store to pick up ingredients for Christmas cookies. Don’t worry, I’ll try this again…..in the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment